Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 2011 Updates

I just wanted to give a quick update as the month of July comes to a close. 

I am trying out Google+ and I like it so far.  The circles concept is what I have thought was missing from Facebook which caused me to not use it very much.  If you would like a Google+ invite, just hit me up in the comments section.


I am pasting below my post on Google+ for today:

-------------------------------------------------------------

This morning, I'm eating 3 Pederson's Farms breakfast sausage links with 3 Vital Farms eggs scrambled with a little Heini's cheddar cheese after a good morning body-weight workout. My plans for the rest of the morning are to catch up on some blog reading then get caught up on any mail/bills.

I am excited about my attempt at observing my own version of Ramadan next month. For the month of August, I will fast during the daylight hours. As this is my first attempt, I do not want to make it too extreme, so I will allow myself water during daylight hours, which is prohibited under strict observance of Ramadan.

I want to do this for spiritual reasons, not religious reasons. So, I will not be taking on Islamic religious ideas like not eating pork or reading a section of the Qur'an each night. Those are religious things. I want to experience the spiritual things like practicing my patience with others and self-control, appreciating what you have and lessening the desire for what you do not have, expressing true love, charity and good-will towards others in need when you have surplus, etc. There are many spiritual things that one can take from observing this religion-based practice that are not specifically Islamic, and I want to experience those things to see if I can grow from those experiences and gain more understanding and sympathy for others.

I may not refer to my Ramadan observance in each day's post during the month of August, but, if you are following my posts, then you will know that this will be going on all month and will most likely have an influence on my posts during this time period.

I have today and tomorrow to "get prepared", so wish me luck! Or not..tempt me and challenge my to maintain my dedication to this task. Either support or assaults will both be accepted with gratitude.


-------------------------------------------------------------

I am still evaluating the features of Google+ and will be making posts in both locations while I make my decision on which location I think works best for my purposes.

I have strayed from optimal eating and physical activity over the past couple of months and my body is definitely expressing it's incompatibility with the way I have been treating it.  I am going to do my best to use this month of Ramadan observance to reset my mind, body, and soul back into the state of harmony and union that they were in earlier this year.  This will be an awesome birthday present to myself if I can regain my previous state then continue the positive progress to excel beyond my previous best to achieve new heights.

As I always say, I cannot promise to post more often, but I am going to try.  I just do not want to post something every day solely for the purpose of maintaining a regular schedule of posts.  I only want to post quality information that I believe is worth your time to read.  So, with that said, I'll be back when I feel I have something worth saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment