Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lucky 7's

Today is 2011-07-07.  I know that numbers in dates do not really mean anything, and it may sound like a gimmick, but I'm taking today as a lucky day to start a new experiment.  Starting today and to continue until my birthday, Sept 29th, I will be trying a couple of new things out.

Since I just picked a random day to start because I liked the numbers in it and chose my birth date day as an end date, no special numbers should come out of that, right?  Well, for those of you like me that like numbers, 84 days may sound random, but it just happens to be exactly 2 months and 22 days or 12 weeks.  So no matter how much I try to ignore interesting number combinations, they always sneak back in.  Moving on...


New Experimental Tasks:
  1. Maintain a diet that follows the Primal Blueprint.
  2. Maintain a physical activity routine that follows the Primal Blueprint.
  3. Put in no more than 40 hours per week in the office.
  4. Keep Sunday as family, friends, and personal recovery day.
  5. Donate at least 1 hour per week as a mentor.
  6. Find a mentor to spend at least 1 hour per week with.
  7. Participate in at least one volunteer activity per month.

I will be posting updates on this experiment including both successes and failures.  I have just now joined StudentMentor.org in a first attempt at meeting requirements 5 and 6.  I will update here on how that goes.

I am honestly having the same difficulty with 7 as I have had in the past.  I do not mean to sound cynical, but all of the "volunteer" opportunities that I can find are either a real part-time job that someone just does not want to pay someone to do or the volunteer opportunity is too closely-tied to a religious organization where part of the volunteer activity is to spread their religious beliefs.

If anyone reads this and has any suggestion, please send them because I am at a loss here.

Until my next update, respect yourself first and be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment